AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE GRIEVING PARENTS SOCIETY (GPS) OF EDMONTON
The Grieving Parents Society (Edmonton) intends:
- To be volunteer based with no paid positions,
- To act in all matters unobtrusively to members and their families,
- To respect at all times a grieving parent’s right to privacy and private grief,
- To be focused upon support at the local level,
- To be dedicated to the best possible locally delivered support,
- To encourage the linking of grieving parents with other support avenues, professional and otherwise,
- To support itself wholly and independently by relying solely upon unsolicited donations, freely given, or accessing public grants.
- Not to require our members to commit to any volunteer hours in support of the organization.